Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Simple but impossible problem:ppponATM,winmodem and Red Hat

  1. #1

    Simple but impossible problem:ppponATM,winmodem and Red Hat

    Dear Friends,
    I am a Italian newbie of Linux release so I need of a your consulence.
    I'm using an ISP that uses the ppp on ATM protocol and besides I having a winmodem with Conexant chipset(in particular the hsf chipset,is I dont mistaking!).
    My problem is: how can I install these files in my O.S.
    The d4rive is a .gz execuble file(In theory: after I will decompress it I should install itself...the way?Which command?...My panic is the line command!!!!!!!!!)
    In the second case:I have the file in .RPM package version!
    Can you teach me the way to install a software , a .RPM file on a R.H.version,particularly the 9 th vers??????
    Thanking you for your reply I wait it from now untill it will arrive!

    Bye-bye Gianluca from Rome,smiling and...hopening!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Simple but impossible problem:ppponATM,winmodem and Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianluca Impei
    Dear Friends,
    I am a Italian newbie of Linux release so I need of a your consulence.
    I'm using an ISP that uses the ppp on ATM protocol and besides I having a winmodem with Conexant chipset(in particular the hsf chipset,is I dont mistaking!).
    My problem is: how can I install these files in my O.S.
    The d4rive is a .gz execuble file(In theory: after I will decompress it I should install itself...the way?Which command?...My panic is the line command!!!!!!!!!)
    In the second case:I have the file in .RPM package version!
    Can you teach me the way to install a software , a .RPM file on a R.H.version,particularly the 9 th vers??????
    Thanking you for your reply I wait it from now untill it will arrive!

    Bye-bye Gianluca from Rome,smiling and...hopening!!!
    To install an rpm file on a Debian system, first convert it to a .deb packge using alien:
    alien -d <package>
    then install the package with dpkg:
    dpkg -i <path and package name>

    Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

  1. ftp hang - has to be simple problem...
    By thorby in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 09:44 PM
  2. simple c++ compile problem
    By turbine in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 06:01 AM
  3. Mozilla+xprint=impossible
    By nishtya in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 11:15 PM
  4. Impossible to boot with mbr or from partition
    By spade in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 04:49 PM
  5. Impossible to start X
    By gommans in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


*LOT OF 16* Micron 16GB DDR4-3200 RDIMM Server RAM MTA18ASF2G72PD7-3G2E1UI  picture

*LOT OF 16* Micron 16GB DDR4-3200 RDIMM Server RAM MTA18ASF2G72PD7-3G2E1UI

$1499.99



Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s picture

Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s

$1199.99



MICRON 4GB  DDR4 PC4-2666V UDIMM DESKTOP MEMORY - GREEN picture

MICRON 4GB DDR4 PC4-2666V UDIMM DESKTOP MEMORY - GREEN

$41.16



Samsung Dual-Rank DDR4 2933MHz 64GB RAM picture

Samsung Dual-Rank DDR4 2933MHz 64GB RAM

$379.99



*LOT OF 8* Micron 32GB DDR4-3200 RDIMM 2Rx4 MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E7UI picture

*LOT OF 8* Micron 32GB DDR4-3200 RDIMM 2Rx4 MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E7UI

$1699.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



LOT OF 24* Samsung 32GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 M393A4K40EB3-CWEGY - Sever pull picture

LOT OF 24* Samsung 32GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 M393A4K40EB3-CWEGY - Sever pull

$8400.00



RDIMM MICRON  DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks  5600 RAM picture

RDIMM MICRON DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks 5600 RAM

$449.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98