-
knoppix-install refuses to work
Hello!
I tried Knoppix and I liked it a lot, so I decided to replace my current Linux distribution with it. Everything went fine. I repartitioned my hard drive, leaving Windows XP on hda1 and creating hda2 and hda3, one of them for swap and the other for root.
However, knoppix-install keeps saying that I still haven't done the requiered preparation for the installation. The swap partition is of type swap (82) and the root one is ext3 (83) and is way more than the required 3GB.
I read somewhere that your Linux partition must be the first one. Is this true? Because I certainly can't remove Windows.
I tried starting knoppix-install with the install_check=1 option, so that it stops complaining and everything seems to go fine until the now dreaded 66% when I get a series of errors.
I was really looking forward to using Knoppix for a long period and finally stop my distribution testing that consumes very many hours. So any suggestions will be more than welcome. Thank you
.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I have knoppix on hda2, so it doesn't need to be first. Try doing a knoppix testcd at boot.
-
It said that everything seems okay... 
I may go for Mepis as I heard that it has a better hd install utility and is also a pretty good distro.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Laen
It said that everything seems okay...
I may go for Mepis as I heard that it has a better hd install utility and is also a pretty good distro.
I've heard cases where you need to mount the drive first.
wasn;t the case for me but it seemed to work of others.
Similar Threads
-
By fadeh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2005, 04:51 PM
-
By wolfgangbeyer in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 12:53 AM
-
By TheLousyOne in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 04:19 AM
-
By squall14716 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-11-2003, 11:42 PM
-
By Jampa in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM Power S922 9009-22A Power9 DDR4 10GbE 6X SFF Barebone Server
$999.95

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3755 M3 2U Rackmount Server – No Drives or Trays
$150.00

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96