Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: knoppix-install refuses to work

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2

    knoppix-install refuses to work

    Hello!

    I tried Knoppix and I liked it a lot, so I decided to replace my current Linux distribution with it. Everything went fine. I repartitioned my hard drive, leaving Windows XP on hda1 and creating hda2 and hda3, one of them for swap and the other for root.
    However, knoppix-install keeps saying that I still haven't done the requiered preparation for the installation. The swap partition is of type swap (82) and the root one is ext3 (83) and is way more than the required 3GB.
    I read somewhere that your Linux partition must be the first one. Is this true? Because I certainly can't remove Windows.

    I tried starting knoppix-install with the install_check=1 option, so that it stops complaining and everything seems to go fine until the now dreaded 66% when I get a series of errors.

    I was really looking forward to using Knoppix for a long period and finally stop my distribution testing that consumes very many hours. So any suggestions will be more than welcome. Thank you .

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    I have knoppix on hda2, so it doesn't need to be first. Try doing a knoppix testcd at boot.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2
    It said that everything seems okay...

    I may go for Mepis as I heard that it has a better hd install utility and is also a pretty good distro.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by Laen
    It said that everything seems okay...

    I may go for Mepis as I heard that it has a better hd install utility and is also a pretty good distro.
    I've heard cases where you need to mount the drive first.
    wasn;t the case for me but it seemed to work of others.

Similar Threads

  1. HD DVD-install problem: LILO refuses to install
    By fadeh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 04:51 PM
  2. Partimage refuses to save NTFS
    By wolfgangbeyer in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 12:53 AM
  3. Knoppix 3.4 Refuses to Boot
    By TheLousyOne in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 04:19 AM
  4. Eeek! Windows XP Home refuses to boot...
    By squall14716 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2003, 11:42 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 11:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$899.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00