Hello
Im a total newbie....so u will have to excuse my ignorance.
I have manged to access my BIOS....but every option I access to change the boot sequence still starts Windows.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong???
Hello
Im a total newbie....so u will have to excuse my ignorance.
I have manged to access my BIOS....but every option I access to change the boot sequence still starts Windows.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong???
Did you copy the files from the image to a new project in nero instead of doing an image burn?
The most likely situation is that there is something wrong with the boot CD (assuming that you are trying to boot from CD and that you have set up the BIOS order to try booting from CD first). Can you test the CD on another computer? Did you check it's MD5 sum before burning it? Just exactly what steps did you take to burn the ISO to a CD?Originally Posted by snippy
That said, I have seen a few older systems where the BIOS supposedly can boot from CD but somehow it fails to boot a good Knoppix CD. If you are 100% certain that the download is good and the burn was done right (by booting the CD on another computer), then your system may need help booting a CD. There are at least a couple of ways that you could do this: You could make a boot floppy and use that to boot the Knoppix CD, or you could use a boot manager (like the excelent freeware XOSL program) to boot the CD. I've been able to use XOSL to boot CD's on systems that couldn't quite boot a CD right on their own. But be sure that the CD is good first or you'll just be wasting your time on this.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module
$150.00
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99