-
Remote Display?
I would like to have my system in a ventilated closet, but have my keyboard, mouse, and display on a desk in the living room. I know about wireless networking, and I know there are wireless keyboards and mice. But how do I get a VGA signal from the closet to a monitor without a wire? Any ideas?
-
well, i guess someone could design and build one, technically there is nothing stopping this, however i have never seen anything which could do this effectivly.
If anyone knows of something, let us know, I install and maintain video projectors in pubs and clubs, and this would help enormously as sometimes the vga cable has to travel such a distance around doors etc, the signal starts to degrade, not forgetting the expence of the vga cable itself.
For movies there is the old video sender if your video card has a composite video signal or scan convertor to your tv, but it would be very bad resolution.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Well, the price makes it almost easier to justify buying another computer, but this certainly is what I was looking for.
Thanks for the info!
-
Senior Member
registered user
yes the tv out can be used wit a wireless device together with your TV.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I can understand the price, it would take alot of bandwidth to send a signal that far.
I've heard of a VGA-to-optical adaptor, The optical signal is suppose to be able to travel farther and the cable is cheaper.
(Don't remember where I saw it)
-
Junior Member
registered user
No wire - ouch! You could always settle for wire and build yourself a thirty footer and run it along the floor board. That wouldn't look too bad...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By SynrG in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 03:27 PM
-
By RigorMortis in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-16-2004, 03:38 AM
-
By toxic_d in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 03:16 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 03:17 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00