Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Compiling C files

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    25

    Compiling C files

    Hi,

    I was reading the manual, but I didn't find the answer I was looking for. I've got an win32 environment, with Windows XP. As I understood, KNOPPIX boots in the begining of the start up of the computer - so there's no doubts there. My question is: can I compile C projects ( with C source files in the disk - in win32 ) to run in Linux? Is KNOPPIX a cross compiler?

    Please answer as accurate as possible.

    Best regards,

    Kepler

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9
    If you use the standard C , I mean whithout graphcal statements ( like in VisualC++ for example)
    you can get your code from the windows partition and compile it with gcc. Otherwise I think it is not possible. This is not the knoppix problem , but incompability between Win and Unix-like platform.
    best regards
    bela

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by abd_bela
    If you use the standard C , I mean whithout graphcal statements ( like in VisualC++ for example)
    you can get your code from the windows partition and compile it with gcc. Otherwise I think it is not possible. This is not the knoppix problem , but incompability between Win and Unix-like platform.
    best regards
    bela
    Depends on how close the code is to ANSI specs. Like stated above, if its created in like visual C then chances are it won't as those are tailor made for windows only.

Similar Threads

  1. Compiling?
    By Jameson in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 07:50 PM
  2. Compiling
    By Kowood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 10:44 AM
  3. Compiling with Knoppix
    By kepler in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 03:26 PM
  4. Compiling netcat
    By Liquidant in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 06:34 PM
  5. QT errors in compiling
    By athlonthunder in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 06:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB

$34.99



Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC picture

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC

$370.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



NEW Lenovo Samsung 64GB LPDDR5X 8533 MHz LPCAMM2 Memory,For ThinkPad P1 Gen7,8,9 picture

NEW Lenovo Samsung 64GB LPDDR5X 8533 MHz LPCAMM2 Memory,For ThinkPad P1 Gen7,8,9

$1349.00



SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 2133MHz PC4-17000P-R 288-Pin ECC RDIMM, HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF picture

SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 2133MHz PC4-17000P-R 288-Pin ECC RDIMM, HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF

$55.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00