-
It take long time to find the Knoppix PC with WinXp
Hi,
I'm totaly new with knoppix. I installed knoppix 3.7 on my PC with hdinstall. Everything is fine. Then I configured the LAN (Samba) and I'm able to find the Knoppix PC with the WinXp Pro machine. But It takes nearly half a minute with the "search the network command" (I don't know if this is right I'm from germany) to find the knoppix PC. Both have the same networkgroup but if I press the "show workgroup pcs" I can't find it. Can I tune up the search function....
I hope anybody can help me... and understand my request
BeJ
Similar Threads
-
By digiplaya2005 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-03-2005, 06:18 AM
-
By honigbaer in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 03:45 PM
-
By cintra in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:24 AM
-
By poldervaart in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 05:47 PM
-
By brentokc in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95
$119.99

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99