-
Junior Member
registered user
NO BOOT AT ALL
well hereīs a real challenge:
Iīve got a Pcchips 748 LMRT mobo PIII 450Mhz slot 1 (all onboard Puaj!!) with 128 Mb of RAM (8 shared with VGA card), Hd 8 Gb Samsung 5400 RPM, Samsung cd-r, Sony (lite-on) Cd-rw, Intel chipset modem 56K I think itīs a winmodem, cause it needs drivers to work in W$ mill edit.
Iīve tried Knoppix 3.3 first, but i canīt reach even the part when it puts:
Welcome to knoppix live-on-cd!!
Iīve been booting using this lines:
Knoppix vga=normal screen=800x600 mem=120M (my mobo shares 8Mb) noscsi noapm noapic acpi=off
Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I thought it was the scsi emulation, so iīve download the 3.6 version in orther to use the 2.6 kernell, and I can only reach the part WELCOME TO....................
The cd is OK it works in EVERY computer exept mine.
I donīt use vga=normal Anymore, cause I can see tux when it starts. I just donīt know what to do.
iīve flashed the bios, read every cheat code, believe me it is very frustrating.
now I use
knoppix26 mem=120M noscsi noapic acpi=off dma (the new bios has dma acceleration enable) noapm lang=es desktop=icewm
ANY SUGEST!!!!!???????????????????
THANKS IN ADVANCE
ORION
ASK EVERITHING I WILL ANSWER!!!!![img][/img]
-
Senior Member
registered user
With the new cd, you don't need to put dma, its added auto. But for daftly sake try nodma anyway.
Next try
expert26
and see where the errors are.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Iīve tried nodma and expert26, but I can reach only the same part i said in the previous post.
Thanks anywhay!!!!!!
I also tried memtest, and there are no errors.
I was thinking in installing a Debbian linux but it fears me cause if a debbian base (Knoppix) doesnīt work, Debbian wonīt work too!
Heres a problem Iīve got for some time, I donīt know if it could be useful, the date an the time goes crazy every time, but I donīt get any advice of battery low in the bios, and the bios config doesnīt get erased.
THANK YOU!!!!
I INSIST!!!! ASK WHAT YOU WANT I WILL REPLY EVERITHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height
$899.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

LSI Oracle 9361-16i 16-Port 12Gb SAS PCIe RAID Controller 7332895
$77.97

Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J
$70.00

2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD External Hard Drive, USB 3
$59.99