Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: NO BOOT AT ALL

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18

    NO BOOT AT ALL

    well hereīs a real challenge:
    Iīve got a Pcchips 748 LMRT mobo PIII 450Mhz slot 1 (all onboard Puaj!!) with 128 Mb of RAM (8 shared with VGA card), Hd 8 Gb Samsung 5400 RPM, Samsung cd-r, Sony (lite-on) Cd-rw, Intel chipset modem 56K I think itīs a winmodem, cause it needs drivers to work in W$ mill edit.

    Iīve tried Knoppix 3.3 first, but i canīt reach even the part when it puts:

    Welcome to knoppix live-on-cd!!

    Iīve been booting using this lines:


    Knoppix vga=normal screen=800x600 mem=120M (my mobo shares 8Mb) noscsi noapm noapic acpi=off

    Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Well I thought it was the scsi emulation, so iīve download the 3.6 version in orther to use the 2.6 kernell, and I can only reach the part WELCOME TO....................

    The cd is OK it works in EVERY computer exept mine.

    I donīt use vga=normal Anymore, cause I can see tux when it starts. I just donīt know what to do.

    iīve flashed the bios, read every cheat code, believe me it is very frustrating.

    now I use

    knoppix26 mem=120M noscsi noapic acpi=off dma (the new bios has dma acceleration enable) noapm lang=es desktop=icewm




    ANY SUGEST!!!!!???????????????????


    THANKS IN ADVANCE


    ORION

    ASK EVERITHING I WILL ANSWER!!!!![img][/img]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    With the new cd, you don't need to put dma, its added auto. But for daftly sake try nodma anyway.

    Next try

    expert26

    and see where the errors are.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18
    Iīve tried nodma and expert26, but I can reach only the same part i said in the previous post.

    Thanks anywhay!!!!!!

    I also tried memtest, and there are no errors.

    I was thinking in installing a Debbian linux but it fears me cause if a debbian base (Knoppix) doesnīt work, Debbian wonīt work too!

    Heres a problem Iīve got for some time, I donīt know if it could be useful, the date an the time goes crazy every time, but I donīt get any advice of battery low in the bios, and the bios config doesnīt get erased.



    THANK YOU!!!!


    I INSIST!!!! ASK WHAT YOU WANT I WILL REPLY EVERITHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New picture

vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New

$99.00



Vintage AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 & Mouse II M2706 ADB Cable Bundle Mac picture

Vintage AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 & Mouse II M2706 ADB Cable Bundle Mac

$69.99



Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 + picture

Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 +

$74.95



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$22.99



1991 Vintage Apple Macintosh Mac System Disks 914-0363-B Software tidbits 7.0.1 picture

1991 Vintage Apple Macintosh Mac System Disks 914-0363-B Software tidbits 7.0.1

$24.95



Vintage APPLE POWER MACINTOSH 8500/180 M3409 w/ Original Box & Reciept UNTESTED picture

Vintage APPLE POWER MACINTOSH 8500/180 M3409 w/ Original Box & Reciept UNTESTED

$199.00



Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord picture

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord

$44.99



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00