I have had success with usrobotics external modems. They are easy to find cheap in 2nd hand stores and such now days.
Hello, I am a TOTAL newbie to Knoppix and Linux in general. Could anyone give me a 56k modem that they confirm works with Knoppix. I have been reading and know that external modems are the best way to go, but I would like to hear from people that have dialup external modems that definately work with Knoppix.
I have had success with usrobotics external modems. They are easy to find cheap in 2nd hand stores and such now days.

Atari 400/800 Computer CPU PCB Module Board with NTSC GTIA - Works Perfectly
$42.95
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 800 Computer CX801 10K ROM Personality Module CX801 - Works Perfectly
$23.95
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
Microbee VGA Video Converter Amiga Atari ST CGA RGB Retro Computer RARE
$207.98
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00