Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: External JAZ 2GB Parallel Drive

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8

    External JAZ 2GB Parallel Drive

    I downloaded the iomegaware for linux. I tried modprobe imm, ppa and none of them worked. I don't know where to go next! If I have iomegaware which is this http://www.iomega.com/software/linuxtools.html

    (Parallel Port) Parallel Port Zip 100 or 250 drive with imm.o or ppa.o drivers

    Well I mean I have my JAZ drive turned on and plugged in with no disk. Maybe that is the reason. I'll try that right now. I'll boot up to knoppix 2 and do the modprobe imm or modprobe ppa

    But one problem is that I don't know howto run the iw software for it. I mean I don't know what to type to run it I'm thinking it's just iw -Settings+options i'll get to that once I detect this under knoppix.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8

    RE

    Ok seems I put a disk in and did a modprobe ppa and it worked fine
    Then I tried mounting it with mount /dev/sda /mnt/jaz
    and I get an error about the filesystem. I must specify the filesystem of the disk. Now i'm trying to figure out howto do that with some research but if someone knows post quick!

    Then i'll mount it then try and get the iw to work!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8

    re

    It's alright everyone i mounted -t hfs /dev/sda /mnt/jaz
    And everything went well. Now I'm going to transfer the files. ok hmm now i just need to do a full copy. I'll do that from startx
    I have to mount the /dev/hda4 with -rw

    i'm so happy

Similar Threads

  1. How to configure a External CD - RW drive ?
    By freelysj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 02:44 PM
  2. how to mount external USB DVD drive
    By pubo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 12:27 PM
  3. Installing to external drive
    By Aldago in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 09:45 PM
  4. help with zip usb external drive
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 11:45 PM
  5. Commuter Parallel Port CD-ROM Drive
    By Scarletdown in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 09:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-1135G7@2.40GHz Laptop picture

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop

$220.36



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray

$356.80



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...

$429.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99