Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix OS connection problem through speedtouch ASDL modem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix OS connection problem through speedtouch ASDL modem

    I have recently obtained a Live CD for the OS Knippax 3.6(Linux Family). When running this OS from the Live CD I was very impressed by the various features this OS offers. Before installing Knippax 3.7 on the HD (which seems to be a rather complex affair) as an alternative/backup to Windows XP, I tried to set up a broadband internet connection via my Speedtouch 330 USB/ASDL Modem. Unfurtunately I did not succeed.

    When clicking on the ASDL/PPPOE Configutation Tab I got the following message:
    "Sorry, no working ethernet card could be found. If you have an interface card which was not autodetected so far, you probably wish to load the driver manually, using the modconf utility. Run modconf now?"

    I clicked on Yes and as a result a menue of various drivers was displayed. Amongst others the drivers which had been detected by Knoppix 3.6 were
    USB Alcatel Speedtouch USB Support
    and USB (Universal Series Bus) Support

    Although these drivers seem to me to be the right ones required, I could not get any further.

    Is there anybody out there who has ever tried to get Knoppix 3.6 or similar working on the broadband internet?? I am desperately looking for some help and if possible for a step-by-step procedure to connect Knoppix 3.6 to the internet.

    Cheers

    Dieter

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    135
    There are scripts for this modem in Kanotix. BH9A is the latest version. I use the 330 modem with PPPoATM in the UK without any problems so the PPPoE script should also work with Kanotix.

    drb

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix OS connection problem through speedtouch ASDL modem

    Hello drb,

    thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I made a spelling mistake. The Live CD is for the Knoppix 3.6 OS and not the Knippax OS.

    Does your reply also cover Knoppix?

    I am, by the way, also living in the UK. I am using the Speedtouch 330 USB/ASDL Modem as provided by Wanadoo (formerly Freeserve) for my broadband internet connection. Because I am not an expert, I do not know what to do with the script.

    I would be very grateful if you could tell me how to impement or install the script.

    Thanks
    Dieter

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    135
    Dieter

    Kanotix (latest version BH9A) is a Knoppix derivative. I struggled to get Knoppix ADSL over PPPoATM to work even using the Kanotix scripts hence started using Kanotix. I've had very few problems with Kanotix which has detected all of my laptop and desktop hardware without any problems.

    drb

Similar Threads

  1. Alcatel SpeedTouch USB DSL Modem unter Knoppix 4.0
    By rothenstein in forum German Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 06:53 PM
  2. ADSL with Speedtouch external modem on Acer Aspire Laptop
    By Graham Neal in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:35 PM
  3. Modem Speedtouch problem
    By drivermaniac in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 08:29 AM
  4. Alcatel speedtouch modem and hard disk installation
    By perpo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
  5. Cable Modem Connection Problem
    By wishbone in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2003, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10 picture

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10

$1505.77



Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13

$79.99



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz 4th Gen 4 Cores 8 Threads Desktop CPU SR1QF picture

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz 4th Gen 4 Cores 8 Threads Desktop CPU SR1QF

$39.95



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00