-
Telstra Bigpond
Hi, I normally use XP and this is the first time Ive used linux. I have Bigpond Cable for my internet and was wondering how I can connect to the internet when Im in Knoppix. Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Telstra Bigpond

Originally Posted by
Rechargd
Hi, I normally use XP and this is the first time Ive used linux. I have Bigpond Cable for my internet and was wondering how I can connect to the internet when Im in Knoppix. Thanks.
Welcome, Chances are Bigpond uses DCHP which basicly means, knoppix will automaticly set up your internet. You just need a compatible netowrk card. (unless you have some off the wall card, chances are it will be supported).
Try booting up knoppix and testing out the internet, then come back and post if there is a problem.
-
Yep, it does not automatically detect the net. ive tried. Ive only got a broadband modem...yeh...what do i do?
-
Senior Member
registered user
How does it connect to the computer?
Try knoppix26
at boot.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I read on my router hack forum(wrt54g) that bigpond use PPPOE ?
-
i have 26
Wall-modem-computer...lol
-
You need a package call bpalogin.
It can be found here:-
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/s...mozilla-search
You can install this on a hd-install, unless probono can do something with klik.
Then use the bpaloginconf utility provided.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13
$79.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99