-
Junior Member
registered user
I don't want to be the bad guy here and sorry if I insist but licencses should be very carefully read and applied
- They CAN be distrubuted in binary form, they just aren't open-source
Not sure about all modems but from intel site:
Materials are copyrighted and are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without Intel's prior written permission.
From linuxant site ( conexant modems):
Redistribution. Redistribution of this software is permitted only for non-beta, officially released versions. Redistribution of versions marked "beta" or "lnxtbeta" requires explicit written approval from Linuxant.
Note: non beta software is not yet released
For pctel, motorola I did not find anything
- I think because they are not proprietary and not open-source (the softmodem drivers)
If the softmodems drivers where freely distributable the would surely be in the download cd\s of many distros ( who doesn' t want provide support for modems?)
- Because all that I do are just a bunch of bash scripts, they are "naturaly" open source
You can found all of then at /usr/local/bin
Fortunatly kurumin is small so I can download all 220mb burn the cd and then copy the one script I think I need .Would be easyer though if I could download only what I wanted ( e.g. knx-hdinstall)
Don't get me wrong, I realy like kurumin ( I use it and I can't even read portuges )
but If we all don't follow/respect the licensces people can easaly say :
See linux users are just hackers/crackers they don't respect laws, licenses.
SCO already made a big mess of it: (
But why am I talking... I use kurumin, I like it and if I can I will support it.
Keep up the good work, I can't wait for version 2
Mario
Similar Threads
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-12-2004, 01:18 AM
-
By MIB in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-19-2003, 03:46 PM
-
By elise in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 04:38 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 06:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6" HD, N4000, 6GB, 64GB EMMC, Platinum Titan
$165.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77