Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: HP Desk Jet 810C Install Problem

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    79

    HP Desk Jet 810C Install Problem

    Hi all,
    I installed Knoppix on a Compaq Persario 5660 with two HD's and 128Mg of mem. It has a 400MHz processor. It work really great an I really like the OS.

    However, here is the problem. When I try to add my HP Desk Jet 810C to the OS the CUPs program does not see or recognize my parallel port. The configuration program see's the USB ports which the 810 cannot use, but not my parallel port.

    I do not have this problem with BLAG (Fedora 1) Linux or Win2K. The parallel port is recognized with BLAG Linux and the printing works well.

    I have apt-get paraport and all the latest HP recommended drivers to no avail. I have unistalled and reinstalled all apps that deal with the printer. I also have the latest and greatest updated CUP's version. I still cannot get the add new printer class config program to recognize the parallel port. Does anyone have a cure or answer to this problem? I am at wit's end and have run out of ideas to correct this problem.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Paul

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    http://www.linuxprinting.org/printing-faq.html#q_6_1

    Says, here that sometimes the port can't be detected unless the Plug and Play Bios feature is turned off.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    83

    Re: HP Desk Jet 810C Install Problem

    Sorry, don't have any particular help but I recently installed my HP deskjet 810C on the current Mepis 2004.03 (which is based on knoppix) and it works fine using cups. I have also exported the printer via samba and can print to it from my windows pc. I didn't have to fiddle with any BIOS settings.

Similar Threads

  1. HD DVD-install problem: LILO refuses to install
    By fadeh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 04:51 PM
  2. Knoppix desk top not comming up on boot
    By ljrjlr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 12:34 PM
  3. hdd install problem - please help
    By vgramanathan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 03:17 PM
  4. Another HD install problem
    By foraker_p in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 12:54 AM
  5. Install Problem
    By NoviceW in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit picture

TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit

$199.99



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Lot 43 Mixed Brands Micron MT16KTF1G64HZ-1G6N1 8GB 2Rx8 PC3L-12800S-11-13-F3 RAM picture

Lot 43 Mixed Brands Micron MT16KTF1G64HZ-1G6N1 8GB 2Rx8 PC3L-12800S-11-13-F3 RAM

$649.99



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



G. SKILL 32GB UDIMM 2400 MHz PC4-19200 DDR4 SDRAM Memory (F42400C15Q32GRK) picture

G. SKILL 32GB UDIMM 2400 MHz PC4-19200 DDR4 SDRAM Memory (F42400C15Q32GRK)

$150.00