Hi
My daughter has an older machine with an external MO-drive. I do need the module ppscsi and epst. I have downloaded the patch, but do not understand the instructions, that come with it. I t may be a language problem, because english is not my native tongue. Is there anyone that can explain it better or tell me, where I can find a better or more detailed instruction. Here is the instruction:
-----
To apply the patch, execute
"/usr/src/kernel-patches/all/apply/linux-ppscsi-2_4_10" in the kernel
source directory. Or setup kernel-package to apply the patches on-the-fly.
------
I guess, the first part means, that I should apply the patch while compiling. That's not, what I want to do. I guess I want to do the 'on-the-fly'. But what means 'Setup kernel-package'?
Thanks for any kind of help.
Jürgen

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95