Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No boot at all!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18

    No boot at all!!!!!!!!!

    Well hereīs a real challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

    Iīve got a Pcchips 748 LMRT mobo PIII 450Mhz slot 1 (all onboard Puaj!!) with 128 Mb of RAM (8 shared with VGA card), Hd 8 Gb Samsung 5400 RPM, Samsung cd-r, Sony (lite-on) Cd-rw, Intel chipset modem 56K I think itīs a winmodem, cause it needs drivers to work in W$ mill edit.

    Iīve tried Knoppix 3.3 first, but i canīt reach even the part when it puts:

    Welcome to knoppix live-on-cd!!

    Iīve been booting using this lines:


    Knoppix vga=normal screen=800x600 mem=120M (my mobo shares 8Mb) noscsi noapm noapic acpi=off

    Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Well I thought it was the scsi emulation, so iīve download the 3.6 version in orther to use the 2.6 kernell, and I can only reach the part WELCOME TO....................

    The cd is OK it works in EVERY computer exept mine.

    I donīt use vga=normal Anymore, cause I can see tux when it starts. I just donīt know what to do.

    iīve flashed the bios, read every cheat code, believe me it is very frustrating.

    now I use

    knoppix26 mem=120M noscsi noapic acpi=off dma (the new bios has dma acceleration enable) noapm lang=es desktop=icewm




    ANY SUGEST!!!!!???????????????????


    Iīve tried nodma and expert26, but I can reach only the same part i said in the previous post.

    I also tried memtest, and there are no errors.

    I was thinking in installing a Debbian linux but it fears me cause if a debbian base (Knoppix) doesnīt work, Debbian wonīt work too!

    Heres a problem Iīve got for some time, I donīt know if it could be useful, the date an the time goes crazy every time, but I donīt get any advice of battery low in the bios, and the bios config doesnīt get erased.



    THANK YOU!!!!


    ASK WHAT YOU WANT I WILL REPLY EVERITHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Have you tried 'knoppix failsafe'? And have you tried booting from both the cd-r & the cd-rw drive?
    You could still try the Debian install, Knoppix is probably giving trouble because of a hardware detection problem, not because it's Debian.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18
    Thanks crash!!

    Iīve tried failsafe, but I could only the same part, Iīve read some things that I want to try, but I can tell it tomorrow, cause the computer is at home and Iīm at work by now!

    Thanks anyway and as always say: IT DOESNīT MATTER THE TIME IT WOULD BOOT I KNOW IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    AXIOMATICO

    PS: I know that the problem in Knoppix cames from itīs hardware autodetection, iīve tried it in other computers, and blieve me it really blows up my mind thats why I wanted to install it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW picture

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW

$94.99



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99