Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No boot at all!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18

    No boot at all!!!!!!!!!

    Well here´s a real challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

    I´ve got a Pcchips 748 LMRT mobo PIII 450Mhz slot 1 (all onboard Puaj!!) with 128 Mb of RAM (8 shared with VGA card), Hd 8 Gb Samsung 5400 RPM, Samsung cd-r, Sony (lite-on) Cd-rw, Intel chipset modem 56K I think it´s a winmodem, cause it needs drivers to work in W$ mill edit.

    I´ve tried Knoppix 3.3 first, but i can´t reach even the part when it puts:

    Welcome to knoppix live-on-cd!!

    I´ve been booting using this lines:


    Knoppix vga=normal screen=800x600 mem=120M (my mobo shares 8Mb) noscsi noapm noapic acpi=off

    Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Well I thought it was the scsi emulation, so i´ve download the 3.6 version in orther to use the 2.6 kernell, and I can only reach the part WELCOME TO....................

    The cd is OK it works in EVERY computer exept mine.

    I don´t use vga=normal Anymore, cause I can see tux when it starts. I just don´t know what to do.

    i´ve flashed the bios, read every cheat code, believe me it is very frustrating.

    now I use

    knoppix26 mem=120M noscsi noapic acpi=off dma (the new bios has dma acceleration enable) noapm lang=es desktop=icewm




    ANY SUGEST!!!!!???????????????????


    I´ve tried nodma and expert26, but I can reach only the same part i said in the previous post.

    I also tried memtest, and there are no errors.

    I was thinking in installing a Debbian linux but it fears me cause if a debbian base (Knoppix) doesn´t work, Debbian won´t work too!

    Heres a problem I´ve got for some time, I don´t know if it could be useful, the date an the time goes crazy every time, but I don´t get any advice of battery low in the bios, and the bios config doesn´t get erased.



    THANK YOU!!!!


    ASK WHAT YOU WANT I WILL REPLY EVERITHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Have you tried 'knoppix failsafe'? And have you tried booting from both the cd-r & the cd-rw drive?
    You could still try the Debian install, Knoppix is probably giving trouble because of a hardware detection problem, not because it's Debian.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18
    Thanks crash!!

    I´ve tried failsafe, but I could only the same part, I´ve read some things that I want to try, but I can tell it tomorrow, cause the computer is at home and I´m at work by now!

    Thanks anyway and as always say: IT DOESN´T MATTER THE TIME IT WOULD BOOT I KNOW IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    AXIOMATICO

    PS: I know that the problem in Knoppix cames from it´s hardware autodetection, i´ve tried it in other computers, and blieve me it really blows up my mind thats why I wanted to install it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$59.99



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00