-
Wireless network diagram
Where can I find what I call a network diagram complete with meaniingful
non-ambiguous names that identify information that has to be entered in the various configuration tools used in LINUX and Windows.. I am trying to make a wireless network among a Windows XP box, an IA-1 box and a Knoppix Linux box. I can diagram how I want the boxes to communicate but when I get to configuring the individual boxes I'm really struggling
My environment is:
Wireless Router DI 524
WINXP Attached to DI524 via PCI llan connector
56kb dialup modem to Internet
Knoppix 3.7
on a Fry's special DWL-510 PCI adapter
Compaq IA-1 DWL-122
Midori Mi41 image
I've got a wireless router and I want to share (ICS ?) a dialup modem and printers and files on the WinXP box. My problem is network glossary ignorance. I have download/printed many networking HOWTOs but get lost with essid's , gateway address, domains, ip addresses, access points... you name it. I think some of those terms are the same thing... but which is what is a mystery ro me. I've gotten far enough that I know my
wireless router and adapters are working I would appreciate pointers to beginner information or a good beginners reference. I don't think I need deep "how-it-works" information , just some idea how all these terms are related.
Thanks for listening
Ted in Atlanta
Similar Threads
-
By rpk073 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By dmojica2000 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 06:33 AM
-
By ebidder in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-05-2005, 12:42 AM
-
By JJ in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 10:56 AM
-
By kees in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99