-
Harry
Thanks for your quick response .... I didn't understand a lot of it but I want to clear up a point. I don't intend to connect my router directly to the Internet.... I don't have a DSL/broadband connection. I don't know the proper technical terms but I'm trying to wireless connect my Compaq and Linux boxes to the router and then (bridge ?) to my WinXP box via 1 of the
4 LAN connector on the router. I then hope to use ICS to connect (ONE AT A TIME) any of the 3 boxes to the Internet. I can ping the router from any of the 3 boxes.... I,m currently using ALL default parameters and since this
communication appears to work ... if I can solve the addressing problem
I believe it can work. I am going to move to the wireless forum... really dumb that I posted here in the ifrst place. Rhanks for the advice.
Ted in Atlanta
Similar Threads
-
By rpk073 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By dmojica2000 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 06:33 AM
-
By ebidder in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-05-2005, 12:42 AM
-
By JJ in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 10:56 AM
-
By kees in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01