Hi, everybody, I'm puzzled when boot knoppix v3.4 from HD for I haven't got a floppy diskette equipped on my laptop or I haven't got enough time to have a try to boot from usb.
However, I borrowed a damnsmall boot image and boot it from Grub for DOS and succeed booting knoppix v 3.4, the boot procedures are as follow:
1. copy KNOPPIX directory from cdromto a FAT partition.
2. copy damnsmall linux boot image( can be download from http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distrib...small/current/ )
3. edit menu.lst
4. boot from USB.
It seems fine that KNOPPIX 3.4 can be booted from HD and what's more, the boot time are damn short for the damnsmall linux boot image take little time to search hardwares.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00