-
Knoppix 3.6 loading problem
Hi. Here's my problem:
I burnt the knoppix 3.6 CD, i booted it. Then "boot: " appeared. I've pressed <Enter> (also i tried to write boot: knoppix lang=en but it makes no sence) and two lines "Loading...... " appears and then - black-screen, nothing happens, computer is not responding. I looked through the FAQs ant manuals but i couldn't find anything. Need help
-
Looks like the GUI isn't loading, Try one of the following
screen=1280x1024 (or what you prefer)
vga=normal (to disable framebuffering)
fb1280x1024 or fb1024x768 or fb800x600 (choose one for framebuffering)
xmodule=ati|radeon|fbdev|vesa|savage|s3|nv|i810|mg a|svga|tseng
set the refresh rate with vsync=?? and hsync=?? (check the monitors support)
If you have less than 128MB RAM try desktop=fluxbox|icewm|twm|wmaker|xfce (choose one)
Also try some no-options like noapic noscsi....
-
-
I think I have a similar problem:
CD boots ok and get the "boot" prompt
but then get the following:
Loading linux24......................
Loading minirt24.gz.............
Ready.
<cursor appears on this line>
The system then hangs.
I have tried the options suggested by Marcus but these either make no difference or just clear the screen before the system hangs. I have also tried various other options including "failsafe", noapic etc etc.
My monitor is a LCD connected via DVI to an ATI radeon 7500 (if this helps?).
Any suggestions welcomed.
TIA
-
In case it helps anyone, my problem turned out to be a faulty CD. I reburnt it at a much slower speed (*2) and am now up and running (in fact this is posted from Knoppix).
-
hello
i am having similar problems.
the boot goes through loading the usb devices (i have a usb hp printer) but then it dies. the screen goes blank, my moniter goes into standby and there is no disk activity. I have already tried reburning my cd at a slower speed and the situation has not changed. Please help!
-
i have a desktop, athalon XP 2400+, NVidia Gforce 4 MX440 graphics card, 512 megs of ram and windows 98 SE. please let me know id you need anything else
-

Originally Posted by
newb
hello
i am having similar problems.
the boot goes through loading the usb devices (i have a usb hp printer) but then it dies. the screen goes blank, my moniter goes into standby and there is no disk activity. I have already tried reburning my cd at a slower speed and the situation has not changed. Please help!
I think you should try to unattach your printer or try a cheat code "nousb" when booting (without ""). Later you would instal your printer manually. I hope it'll help you.
About reburning the .iso in small speed (4x) it didn't help me, the same "system halted" problem. Does burning the .iso which is located in NTFS or FAT make any sence?
Similar Threads
-
By znai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-26-2005, 10:58 AM
-
By k-user in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 07:31 PM
-
By cipher999 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 11:01 AM
-
By Daishi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 04:28 PM
-
By Asaf-g in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00