Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: NETDEV WATCHDOG

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    11

    NETDEV WATCHDOG

    The error I report now ocurred both in CD an after HD Install.
    After installing Knoppix in my ECS (PC-Chips) A929 desknote I got the following error in console:

    NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
    eth0: Transmit timeout, status 00000004 00000240

    The last number may be 241 also.
    I can ping my IP but only my IP, the entire network is unaccessible.

    I'll apreciate any help!

    Thanks a lot!

    Cassio
    Brazil

    ---------------------------------------

    ifconfig:
    eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:50:EB:0E:57:C4
    inet addr:192.168.7.107 Bcast:192.168.7.111 Mask:255.255.255.0
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:9 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
    Interrupt:22 Base address:0xd400

    lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

    ---------------------------------------

    /etc/network/interfaces:
    # /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(, ifdown(

    # The loopback interface
    # automatically added when upgrading

    auto lo eth0
    iface lo inet loopback


    iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.7.107
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    network 192.168.7.0
    broadcast 192.168.7.111
    gateway 192.168.7.105

    ---------------------------------------

    lspci -v:
    00:03.0 Ethernet controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS900 10/100 Ethernet (rev 90)
    Subsystem: Elitegroup Computer Systems: Unknown device 0f09
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 22
    I/O ports at d400 [size=256]
    Memory at cfffb000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Expansion ROM at cffc0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    You've set this up statically right? Are you sure about your network info? Try setting it up dynamically. As root run "netcardconfig". You may need to do "ifdown eth0" first.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    11
    Yes I did!
    In netcardconfig, when I answer Yes to "Use DHCP broadcast?" I get those NETDEV WATCHDOG messages again, about 5 or 6 of then and finally an "operation failed" message.

    Before the Netdevs I got an "Sending DHCP broadcast from device eth0eth0: Media Link On 10mbps half-duplex.

    I'm conected to a 10mbps hub, but that is not the problem since I conect to the net using this under windows, isn't it?

    Any other sugestions?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by cjaferre
    I'm conected to a 10mbps hub, but that is not the problem since I conect to the net using this under windows, isn't it?

    Any other sugestions?
    This *could* be your problem. I've got a motherboard with basicaly the same ethernet chip and it works right out of the box, with a 100mbit switch though.

    btw, your lspci -v output says it uses IRQ 22, AFAIK that one doesn't exist. Mine is on IRQ 11 (like about al of my pci hardware).

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk Poley
    btw, your lspci -v output says it uses IRQ 22, AFAIK that one doesn't exist. Mine is on IRQ 11 (like about al of my pci hardware).
    What can I do about that?

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by cjaferre
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk Poley
    btw, your lspci -v output says it uses IRQ 22, AFAIK that one doesn't exist. Mine is on IRQ 11 (like about al of my pci hardware).
    What can I do about that?

    Thanks!
    Don't know. It could be that you have some kind of server board (in a laptop?). Those have more IRQs, but I doubt if they count till 22... It could be a problem with the kernel, it could be something else (typo?).

    Sorry...

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk Poley
    Those have more IRQs, but I doubt if they count till 22... It could be a problem with the kernel, it could be something else (typo?).

    Sorry...
    OK, lets consider it a kernel problem (i've been talking to some friends)..
    How can I "Fix" it?

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    11
    Nevermind,

    Found my answer using noapic in lilo parameters.
    Everything's working fine.

    Cassio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9800-L-F-K9 9800-L Wireless LAN Controller w/ AC Adapter picture

Cisco Catalyst C9800-L-F-K9 9800-L Wireless LAN Controller w/ AC Adapter

$1596.60



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99



CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New  picture

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New

$1049.00