-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
CrashedAgain
For your problem, if you look through /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig you will see several lines 'update_progress 20 (or 40or60etc)' This is where the progress bar is being created. It sounds like it may be having trouble configuring X but this is just a guess, so you might try adding "nomkxf86config" to your append=' line in /etc/lilo.conf. This is the same as booting with the nomkxf86config cheatcode. You might also try booting 'interactive' mode.
It is surprising that it would work for a while then quit. It is unlikely that the autoconfig script has changed in any way, it sounds like a hardware detection issue.
Thanks. Sorry about the confusion. I'll buy that it is a hardware issue. I've been unpluging things trying to isolate just what peripheral is causing the trouble. As yet, no dice. I did not know of any way to troubleshoot the autoconfig script (didn't even know where to look for it until now). Not that you have given me a direction, I can attempt to find the cause, then fashion a fix.
Thank you very much. I appreciate the help. I'll let you know what I find.
Similar Threads
-
By linuxer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-26-2005, 01:50 PM
-
By fordfasterr in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2005, 04:03 PM
-
By santos_douglas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:02 AM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 06:59 PM
-
By jimk in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99