-
Knoppix 3.2 Ethernet Problems
1. I think I ghettoishly installed it.
2. I need a new Boot Disk. but I still can boot into it from a CD-R.
3. I need help getting the p.o.s. to detect my ehternet card.
Well now that you got some of the info, heres some more.
I installed this on an older eMachine that I have for learning purposes.
I figured it would auto-install knoppix from the .iso disc's that I burned, but it didnt quite do that, but some how i found the executable or file to install it. After that I couldnt get the crap online through 56k, but I think my 56k card is fried, so I bought a ethernet card since I have cable. Hooked it up and everything and another friend of mine said that his auto-detected it when he installed his card, so i figured woot ths is gonna work. Turns out it doesnt. Ive tried all the options in the Internet directory in the Knoppix menu. The most luck ive had so id say, is when i goto Knoppix>Internet>PPPo3 Setup or whatever, and it detects the card as eth0 and then its downhill from their, it says some error in the next window, and im officially depressed from this. I want to learn Linux, but I cannot with this crap. Please someone try to help me get this to work. If not, refer me a link to the main page of a more reliable type of Linux that is much more noobie friendly.
Edit: The floppy boot is because some init malfunction, dunno how it could get messed up. Imma try to look for a Knoppix 3.2 boot disk download right now, also this is a STD version of knoppix....or something.
Similar Threads
-
By jcesaro in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-28-2005, 04:03 PM
-
By oxigen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 15
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 08:15 AM
-
By orez in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-06-2005, 05:25 PM
-
By RedLine in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 10:05 PM
-
By monkymind in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 04:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet
$239.95

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested
$139.99

Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different
$29.99

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99