Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Knoppix for Gamers

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818

    Knoppix for Gamers

    We made a Knoppix together with a german game magazine. It's
    a bit hidden:

    http://www.pcgames.de/external/brows...mage_id=423720
    (see left bottom)

    http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=336074

    It's a Knoppix 3.6 with lots of games (size about 1 GB compressed).
    It's not necessary to mention that this Knoppix is from our hands
    (of cource you may if you want . I think it's more important that a
    games magazine begins to care for Linux as gaming platform.

    Ati and Nvidia Drivers are included (they're installed into the
    RAM-Disk) and I installed a lot of games I ever wanted on a Knoppix:
    cube, vegastrike (makes only sense after installation), the demos
    from www.garagegames.com (Marble Blast, Mutant Storm, Orbz, ThinkTanks),
    Enigma, Imaze, BzFlag, ClanBomber, Gl-117, GlTron, Jump'n'Bump
    (special patches), neverball, neverputt, supertux, tuxracer,
    simutrans, battle for wesnoth, freeciv, netpanzer, pingus, stratagus,
    boson, netris and of course it's complete Knoppix.

    Perhaps you like to add this to your news section...

    Regards,
    Martin Öhler

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    140
    sounds great! I don't understand German. How do I download the ISO?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3

    but................

    Where can we get the gamers edition , it doesent say on that site.And the same goes for v3.7 ...where can i get it???

    Thomas

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6
    Update: http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=336128

    It's only available inside this magazine (at least for now). Should people really like it.... perhaps a public version will follow.

    Martin

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: Knoppix for Gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    ...It's
    a bit hidden...
    Indeed. So hidden that I can't find it. Eaden, do you have a link to the iso?

    Adam

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    OK, its 1GB compressed, so I can't burn it to a 700MB CDR. So, I could use bootfrom with a standard KNOPPIX liveCD boot from a copy on my hdd?

    TIA,
    AJG

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Hi,
    No, I have no idea where to get the iso. I'm guessing someone will have to buy the magazine and upload it.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6

    Public Games Edition senseful?

    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    Hi,
    No, I have no idea where to get the iso. I'm guessing someone will have to buy the magazine and upload it.
    Do you think it would be senseful having gamers edition parallel to the "normal" Knoppix?

    Give us a hint/poll/anything...

    Ciao,
    Martin

  9. #9
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Public Games Edition senseful?

    Quote Originally Posted by evilfreak
    Do you think it would be senseful having gamers edition parallel to the "normal" Knoppix?

    Give us a hint/poll/anything...
    I would certainly be in favor of it. But I would think that games that need a hard disk install should be avoided; they might as well be installed later from the network (perhaps the CD might include a list of links to them).

  10. #10
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    89

    knoppix with games

    I'd be a bit surprised if there aren't other Knoppices remastered for games, but I have a "Pol and Ona's Linux" which is 3.4 with all the games I could find in debian unstable.

    My kids like it OK - it gets about 30% of their game-playing attention, with the rest going to the leading brand. If anyone wants the .iso, let me know, [email protected]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chit Chat About Gamers Knoppix
    By andyzweb in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Western Digital Caviar Green 3.5

Western Digital Caviar Green 3.5" 3TB SATA Hard Drive

$40.90



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Dell 2.4TB 10K SAS 2.5

Dell 2.4TB 10K SAS 2.5" F9NWJ 12Gbps HDD AL15SEB24EQY Hard Drive w/ Caddy

$324.99



Lot of 2 HITACHI HUS724020ALS641 0B26928 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5

Lot of 2 HITACHI HUS724020ALS641 0B26928 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5" LFF SAS HARD DRIVE

$29.99



HGST HUS724020ALA640 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 3.5 HDD P/N: 0F14690 picture

HGST HUS724020ALA640 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 3.5 HDD P/N: 0F14690

$55.00



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive

$29.90