-
Re: PLEASE anyone! Could someone torrent Knoppix 3.6 for Gam

Originally Posted by
robertm
Please, I beg you and I guess it's not just me who wants Knoppix 3.6 for Gamers.
I am giving away free CD's/DVD's with Knoppix for kids and windoze users to popularize Linux among them and awaken their interest for Linux.
This remastered Knoppix 3.6 gor Gamers could be just great to boost people's interest in Linux and it's capabilities.
So PLEASE could anybody who bought the magazine put up the ISO on some ftp/http or even better seed it on to bittorrent!?
Thanks!
btw: As I understand this remastered Knoppix 3.6 for Gamers comes with original/official NVidia and ATI 3d hardware acceleration drivers, is that correct?
Best regards,
Robert
Robert:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
http://games-knoppix.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/
Yes, there will be a public version soon. We plan some very nice features like a tool for managing joysticks and gamepads...
Ciao,
Martin
-
Junior Member
registered user
My .02 cents
Thats really cool. I went to the link and I saw the list of planned games but I was woundering if there was any chance that 3D games would be added as well, mainly like first person shooters that can be played online with fellow live cd users, well anyone for that matter. For example like Enemy Territory, UT2k3, Soilder of Fortune demo's 1 and 2, Quake 3 demo, Doom ect. Their are a lot of cool multiplayer demos out their that could be utilized, I know that space will always be an issue so the amount of room for those types of games I'm sure would be very limited but perhaps a poll could be taken amongs the community to see which would be the most widely accepted game. Anyway just my 2 cents. Thanx for all the hard work and effort finally make a Knoppix game disc a reality.
- PraxZeus
-
Senior Member
registered user
While we are listing our favorite LAN Party games for inclusion, don't forget bzflag and freecraft as well as nvidia support for bzflag.
Regards,
AJG
-
Junior Member
registered user
Ok I'm stuped
You said this will be 1 gig compressed will it still work like 3.6 I am pretty new to linux knoppix anything but windows. So I'll still be able to write this to a CD and that like I do now. Someone said you will have to put somethings on the HDD if so can someone point me to a document on doing that. THANKS.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
If anyone can still find a copy of an early release of Knoppux 3.1, it has a lot more games on it than the current release, and a particularly nicepool game simulation. Apparently games have been a prime canidate for something to remove when making space.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Junior Member
registered user
Legal problems with games-knoppix?
There are legal problems with games-knoppix????
Why? What software is illegal?
What are these warnings on the http://games-knoppix.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/ ?
-
Thanx!
Thank you so much , and thank you to all the parties involved....this was just the thing i was looking for.
-
Games KNOPPIX 3.7-0.2 released
Per the BitTorrent tracker (and DistroWatch), ...
http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/
-SUO
-
Senior Member
registered user
What's the difference between 3.7-0.1 and 3.7-0.2?
TIA,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By andyzweb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$1029.99

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1000.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50