-
It's a great idea - for instance if you have a locked down work PC, then a Knoppix Gamer would allow you to have fun without affecting any configuration.
There is also the Morphix gamer edition, which is a sister product, and is great fun, but I like the idea of a pure Knoppix base.
[/img]
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yeah, I was going to mention MORPHIX. However, there haven't been any new releases since 0.4-1 which as about a year old now. So some of the games are a bit dated. For instance, you cannot play bzflag online with the MORPHIX Gamer CD because no game servers support the older version of bzflag installed on the CD!
Regards,
AJG
-
There is also KnoppiXMAME for emulator fans.
-

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
Yeah, I was going to mention MORPHIX. However, there haven't been any new releases since 0.4-1 which as about a year old now. So some of the games are a bit dated. For instance, you cannot play bzflag online with the MORPHIX Gamer CD because no game servers support the older version of bzflag installed on the CD!
Regards,
AJG
Hmm, bzflag is included in the gamers version. I'll talk to Klaus about
a gamers edition (it should be synced with the "normal" Knoppix releases). CD or DVD?
Ciao,
Martin
-

Originally Posted by
tarstarkas
There is also KnoppiXMAME for emulator fans.

Yeah, MAME rocks!
Ciao,
Martin
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
evilfreak
... CD or DVD?
My vote would be CD, at least at first. You can fit lots of smaller games on a CD (like the many that have been removed from Knoppix over the various releases). As you get to the larger games you might well need a DVD, but it will serve fewer users and they likely will be the users who install to hard drive and just download the game they want anyway.
-
I vote for both, Game DVD and CD! (sure could get alot of games on a DVD....)
Throw in some emulators too!
-
Re: knoppix with games

Originally Posted by
mcreel
I'd be a bit surprised if there aren't other Knoppices remastered for games, but I have a "Pol and Ona's Linux" which is 3.4 with all the games I could find in debian unstable.
My kids like it OK - it gets about 30% of their game-playing attention, with the rest going to the leading brand. If anyone wants the .iso, let me know,
[email protected]
jur, mcreel, are you studying (or teaching
) in the UAB? I'm a student of ETSE (1st year)
If you want we can meet in the university and give me the ISO (and maybe take a beer together or something
)
Greetings!
-
Junior Member
registered user
your CD works great
Hey, Mcreel I downloaded your Pol and Ong Live CD and its great. Loads of games. I wasn't able to get 3D acceleration on my systems with Nvidia card or Radeon, but it rocks on ATI Rage and Intel Extreme Graphics (i810). Thanks for the link!
-
anybody got a bittorrent link for either this "Pol and Ona's Linux" or the knoppix for gamers?
Similar Threads
-
By andyzweb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

π Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12Γ Gigabit PoE+ β’ 2Γ 10G SFP+ Compact Switch β‘
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch
$249.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks
$124.99

Juniper EX2300-48P 48-Port SFP PoE+ Managed Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch
$64.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T
$249.99