-
permission denied
On the Knoppix-Debian forum Klaus Knopper says to go into /etc/network/interfaces.(for hdd internet connect)
However if I go K->Knoppix->root shell I get "permission denied"
This is when I am on the CD
How to get in?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: permission denied
--Which ISO are you booting, do you have the latest release?
--If the GUI doesn't work, hit Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to the first root prompt (F1 thru F4; Alt-F5 gets you back to GUI.)
--I recommend using ' jstar ' as an editor if you're used to WordStar, or ' mcedit ' if you like Notepad.

Originally Posted by
simple
On the Knoppix-Debian forum Klaus Knopper says to go into /etc/network/interfaces.(for hdd internet connect)
However if I go K->Knoppix->root shell I get "permission denied"
This is when I am on the CD
How to get in?
Similar Threads
-
By xaviers2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 10:23 PM
-
By Valhalla in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By relinguin in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 01:02 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 01:52 AM
-
By djoey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 10:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS
$79.99

Rare Vintage Apple 820-0729-B PC Compatibility Card PCI PowerMac
$299.00

Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC
$90.00

HP Pavilion a1000 Intel Pentium 4 3GHz 2GB 80GB Vintage Windows XP MS Office PC
$98.00

Adobe FrameMaker 5 Macintosh Vintage 1996 Software CD Floppies Box Manuals
$129.99

45 Vintage 1969 IBM Punch Cards Payroll & Loan Ledger 2 Types
$18.99

Vintage Rare Chariot Microtest III 1991 W/instruction 6 Disk IBM
$65.00

7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC
$35.98

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99