-
Writing problems
I guess this must be asked before but I can't find any threads and it is really late (trying to fix this)
I'm trying to use Knoppix as a sort of rescue disk for my Debian install. When I boot all seems fine and all my HDD partitions get mounted. I just can't write to them. Su from console and trying to write to HDD doesn't work either. This must be possible but how?
Regards
-
(sorry if this piece of advise is too 'straightforward')
By default knoppix mount anything as read-only; have you remounted partitions you need?
-
Could have tried that before asking
I'll try to remount in rw mode and see if I can fix my problems. Thanx
Similar Threads
-
By irvine in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 03:27 AM
-
By Pollux in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 10:28 AM
-
By Ewen in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 05:44 AM
-
By ze-trinchas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 04:18 AM
-
By ze-trinchas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included
$299.99