-
Senior Member
registered user
Lee,
That is a good question, and, as you might guess, I dont have a "real" answer, for it...
I can conjecture on it though... Maybe the "persistant home" is like the "Windows Swap File", kind of thing 
As the size of the storage grows, the file will actually grow with it, maybe to the "maximum" that you have set for it ( 500 MB ) ???
You get my drift? In the Windows World, the "swap file" they use can be a maximum of the whole hard drive free space, but doesnt "initially" get set to that, it has a minimum, and then "dynamically" grows and shrinks to the needs, as the needs change. This could be the same thing that is happening with the persistant home ( ? ) -=- I know this is all conjecture, but, it could be proven... Create some files in your persistant home that exceed your 40 MB size, can you still add more files to the /home ? Does the "file" increase in size with new additions of created files that exceed your 40 MB size ? My guess is, if I was going to guess on this, you set a "cap" on your /home, that being the 500 MB, and the /home area doesnt need to be that actual size, at this time, so it is saving your "space" when it needs it, possibly at a later time...
I hope I am not going "out on a limb" on this one, I dont have a clue on it really, but, I do think on my feet pretty well, ( sometimes [giggle] )
Hope this, in some way, has helped,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
-
By eris_pluvia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 03:15 PM
-
By justwes in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 09:21 PM
-
By xeerex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 08:32 PM
-
By Civil Eng in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2003, 01:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-LINK TL-SG108PE 8-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Managed PoE+ Switch 4-Port 64W
$24.99