-
How to use cloop?
I've successfully remastered Knoppix 3.6 but would like a bare system that I can just use on my desktop and make a LiveCD from it as needed.
I have more of a FreeBSD background so naturally when I think of doing this with a Linux system I choose Debian.
I am suspecting I can use bootcd-mkinitrd for this? With bootcd you can copy your system to cd, run it from cd without need for disks and restore the system on disk from bootcd. Also, I believe with the bootcd2disk command it's possible to install a new system from the running CD?
However, I have not used any compressed file system such as cloop before and am not sure how or when to apply it to the creation of the ISO.
Using a compressed file system will not only allow for more data storage on the CD, but more importantly will load and run much faster.
Any fingers pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By meatwad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-16-2005, 09:31 PM
-
By sunburnt in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:12 AM
-
By psirac in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:22 PM
-
By Rootman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 10:49 AM
-
By NicolasH in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$58.00

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99