I've successfully remastered Knoppix 3.6 but would like a bare system that I can just use on my desktop and make a LiveCD from it as needed.
I have more of a FreeBSD background so naturally when I think of doing this with a Linux system I choose Debian.
I am suspecting I can use bootcd-mkinitrd for this? With bootcd you can copy your system to cd, run it from cd without need for disks and restore the system on disk from bootcd. Also, I believe with the bootcd2disk command it's possible to install a new system from the running CD?
However, I have not used any compressed file system such as cloop before and am not sure how or when to apply it to the creation of the ISO.
Using a compressed file system will not only allow for more data storage on the CD, but more importantly will load and run much faster.
Any fingers pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
KINGSPEC 512Gb Sata III SSD 2.5" + WIN 11 PRIORITY
$126.32
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
KIOXIA KBG6AZNV512G 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD — TESTED & READY TO USE
$58.99