-
Can't find kernel image - Newbie needs help
I'm doing hack #5 from O'Reilly - (tohd) to copy the knoppix CD image to either my external hard drive or hda1. No matter where I try to copy the image I get the same error "could not find kernel image". The CD I'm using is version 3.6 that was created 2004-08-16, uses kernel 2.4.27 and was purchased not downloaded. Any help telling this newbie what he is missing would be appreciated.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Can't find kernel image - Newbie needs help

Originally Posted by
ozone
I'm doing hack #5 from O'Reilly - (tohd) to copy the knoppix CD image to either my external hard drive or hda1. No matter where I try to copy the image I get the same error "could not find kernel image". The CD I'm using is version 3.6 that was created 2004-08-16, uses kernel 2.4.27 and was purchased not downloaded. Any help telling this newbie what he is missing would be appreciated.
Ozone, I did a Search Knoppix.net on the subject "could not find kernel image", and came up with this one and only post that had the same issue, you report... The link is below...
Could not find kernel image
Even though the original poster appeared to get "through" the issue, appears by retrying the boot, over and over, and that the original posted question drew out into a modem problem post, the suggested "fix" was to try and "testcd" -=- or test the cd for a bad burn ( it happens, even with a "purchased" distro ).
Hopefully, this helps, or someone else has some ideas on this, if mine doesnt 
Ms. Cuddles
-
Re: Can't find kernel image - Newbie needs help

Originally Posted by
ozone
I'm doing hack #5 from O'Reilly - (tohd) to copy the knoppix CD image to either my external hard drive or hda1. No matter where I try to copy the image I get the same error "could not find kernel image". The CD I'm using is version 3.6 that was created 2004-08-16, uses kernel 2.4.27 and was purchased not downloaded. Any help telling this newbie what he is missing would be appreciated.
i had that same problem...try typing "knoppix nodma" at the boot screen...hope this helps
Similar Threads
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 12:01 AM
-
By aykuty in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:16 AM
-
By linuxrob in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 11:28 AM
-
By vitoprimo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
-
By Moozie in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHz 64 GB RAM No OS No HDD Read-
$239.95

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00