Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't find kernel image - Newbie needs help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1

    Can't find kernel image - Newbie needs help

    I'm doing hack #5 from O'Reilly - (tohd) to copy the knoppix CD image to either my external hard drive or hda1. No matter where I try to copy the image I get the same error "could not find kernel image". The CD I'm using is version 3.6 that was created 2004-08-16, uses kernel 2.4.27 and was purchased not downloaded. Any help telling this newbie what he is missing would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: Can't find kernel image - Newbie needs help

    Quote Originally Posted by ozone
    I'm doing hack #5 from O'Reilly - (tohd) to copy the knoppix CD image to either my external hard drive or hda1. No matter where I try to copy the image I get the same error "could not find kernel image". The CD I'm using is version 3.6 that was created 2004-08-16, uses kernel 2.4.27 and was purchased not downloaded. Any help telling this newbie what he is missing would be appreciated.
    Ozone, I did a Search Knoppix.net on the subject "could not find kernel image", and came up with this one and only post that had the same issue, you report... The link is below...

    Could not find kernel image

    Even though the original poster appeared to get "through" the issue, appears by retrying the boot, over and over, and that the original posted question drew out into a modem problem post, the suggested "fix" was to try and "testcd" -=- or test the cd for a bad burn ( it happens, even with a "purchased" distro ).

    Hopefully, this helps, or someone else has some ideas on this, if mine doesnt
    Ms. Cuddles

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1

    Re: Can't find kernel image - Newbie needs help

    Quote Originally Posted by ozone
    I'm doing hack #5 from O'Reilly - (tohd) to copy the knoppix CD image to either my external hard drive or hda1. No matter where I try to copy the image I get the same error "could not find kernel image". The CD I'm using is version 3.6 that was created 2004-08-16, uses kernel 2.4.27 and was purchased not downloaded. Any help telling this newbie what he is missing would be appreciated.
    i had that same problem...try typing "knoppix nodma" at the boot screen...hope this helps

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find kernel image: linux
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 12:01 AM
  2. could not find kernel image: linux
    By aykuty in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:16 AM
  3. Can't find Silicon Image 3114 SATA controller...
    By linuxrob in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 11:28 AM
  4. Boot floppy fails to find KNOPPIX image on FAT32
    By vitoprimo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
  5. SCSI cd-rom ==> Could not find kernel image: noscsi
    By Moozie in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 07:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4

$128.96



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08