-
Junior Member
registered user
Cannot combine danish keyboard with english language. Bug?
I'm trying to get Knoppix 3.2 (beta 2003-03-28) to boot in english language and with danish keyboard support, but cannot succed. I used to do this the following way in Knoppiz 3.1 (beta 2003-01-20):
Code:
APPEND lang=en keyboard=da wheelmouse xkeyboard=dk ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
I've tried that in 3.2, and also using lang=us instead of lang=en, but in both cases I end up with a german desktop. Danish keyboard works however.
Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Cannot combine danish keyboard with english language (part2)
Let me add, that when booting with default settings I end up with an english desktop, so I am using the english boot-image (KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-28-EN.iso).
-
Re: [OT]

Originally Posted by
Henk Poley
I've heard that most people have downgraded to divx 5.02, since it's more stable.
Odd.... but it would explain some things. Some films run fine others just fail
or the sound stays behind. And some codecpacks make it worse.
But no problems yet with Xine or my Mplayer on my Knoppix 3.1 system.
Yet another reason to switch
Now I just need to configure it to display on my TV and it is getting closer
to perfection......
L8tr... Tom
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: [OT]

Originally Posted by
Tom Tiger

Originally Posted by
Henk Poley
I've heard that most people have downgraded to divx 5.02, since it's more stable.
Odd.... but it would explain some things. Some films run fine others just fail
or the sound stays behind. And some codecpacks make it worse.
But no problems yet with Xine or my Mplayer on my Knoppix 3.1 system.
Yet another reason to switch

You: "Hey, I see you are running old codecs, shall I upgrade them?"
Friend: "Okay, good idea"
You: "And have you ever tried Linux, I've got nice boot CD named Knoppix, wanna try?"
Days later:
Friend: "Cool, videos seem to playback much smoother under this "knoppux" or whatever you call it. Odd that I didn't see this stuttering under Windows before."
You: "That's the power of Linux. Do you want me to install it on your harddisk so you won't need the CD anymore?"
...
-
Re: [OT]
You: "Hey, I see you are running old codecs, shall I upgrade them?"
Friend: "Okay, good idea"
You: "And have you ever tried Linux, I've got nice boot CD named Knoppix, wanna try?"
Days later:
Friend: "Cool, videos seem to playback much smoother under this "knoppux" or whatever you call it. Odd that I didn't see this stuttering under Windows before."
You: "That's the power of Linux. Do you want me to install it on your harddisk so you won't need the CD anymore?"
...
hehe... Yep thats the way to convert them
Works every time
I found another odd thing... which basicly means that 3.2 is an
improvement over 3.1. IMHO
I've got two Toshiba notebooks (Yep I'm lucky) both are 4200's
one runs Knoppix 3.1 the other the 03-28 3.2 experimental
The 3.2 runs videos more smoothly on battery than the 3.1
L8tr... Tom
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: [OT]

Originally Posted by
Tom Tiger
I've got two Toshiba notebooks (Yep I'm lucky) both are 4200's
one runs Knoppix 3.1 the other the 03-28 3.2 experimental
The 3.2 runs videos more smoothly on battery than the 3.1
Laptops do *odd* things with hardware when running from battery. Seen a laptop (non-SpeedStep) that would have severe hickups on video playback when you didn't put the plug in and the battery was below 80% or so. Otherwise no problems.
-
There's a bug with the 3.2 release. If I do a hd-install, I cannot get it to shutdown, but I can get it to reboot. If I choose to shutdown from the KDE menu, the screen just goes black, and nothing else happens.
-
Laptops do *odd* things with hardware when running from battery. Seen a laptop (non-SpeedStep) that would have severe hickups on video playback when you didn't put the plug in and the battery was below 80% or so. Otherwise no problems.
Yep, they sure do, my 4270 has small hickups when the battey comes below 70 to
90 percent, playing videos, same problem in Red hat, knoppix 3.1 and 3.2.
But runs fine otherwise
L8tr... Tom
-
myconfig and persistent home conflict
When I use a config file which is known to be working, and a persistent home, parts of the config file are ignored.
For example: knoppix floppyconfig home=scan
Then this happens: It finds the persistent home image file on /mnt/hda12 and the config file on the floppy. It asks for a password for the home image file, although it shouldn't. The home directory /home/KNOPPIX is mounted rw anyway.
But for the configuration: The keyboard language is set alright, but the XF86Config-4 file is not taken from the configuration file, resulting in that the mouse wheel is not working.
Similar Threads
-
By niknik in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 07:53 PM
-
By linuxrob in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 01:40 AM
-
By DimGR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 01:29 PM
-
By bohm2009 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72