Let me add, that when booting with default settings I end up with an english desktop, so I am using the english boot-image (KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-28-EN.iso).
I'm trying to get Knoppix 3.2 (beta 2003-03-28) to boot in english language and with danish keyboard support, but cannot succed. I used to do this the following way in Knoppiz 3.1 (beta 2003-01-20):
I've tried that in 3.2, and also using lang=us instead of lang=en, but in both cases I end up with a german desktop. Danish keyboard works however.Code:APPEND lang=en keyboard=da wheelmouse xkeyboard=dk ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Let me add, that when booting with default settings I end up with an english desktop, so I am using the english boot-image (KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-28-EN.iso).
Odd.... but it would explain some things. Some films run fine others just failOriginally Posted by Henk Poley
or the sound stays behind. And some codecpacks make it worse.
But no problems yet with Xine or my Mplayer on my Knoppix 3.1 system.
Yet another reason to switch![]()
Now I just need to configure it to display on my TV and it is getting closer
to perfection......![]()
L8tr... Tom
You: "Hey, I see you are running old codecs, shall I upgrade them?"Originally Posted by Tom Tiger
Friend: "Okay, good idea"
You: "And have you ever tried Linux, I've got nice boot CD named Knoppix, wanna try?"
Days later:
Friend: "Cool, videos seem to playback much smoother under this "knoppux" or whatever you call it. Odd that I didn't see this stuttering under Windows before."
You: "That's the power of Linux. Do you want me to install it on your harddisk so you won't need the CD anymore?"
...![]()
hehe... Yep thats the way to convert themYou: "Hey, I see you are running old codecs, shall I upgrade them?"
Friend: "Okay, good idea"
You: "And have you ever tried Linux, I've got nice boot CD named Knoppix, wanna try?"
Days later:
Friend: "Cool, videos seem to playback much smoother under this "knoppux" or whatever you call it. Odd that I didn't see this stuttering under Windows before."
You: "That's the power of Linux. Do you want me to install it on your harddisk so you won't need the CD anymore?"
...![]()
Works every time![]()
I found another odd thing... which basicly means that 3.2 is an
improvement over 3.1. IMHO
I've got two Toshiba notebooks (Yep I'm lucky) both are 4200's
one runs Knoppix 3.1 the other the 03-28 3.2 experimental
The 3.2 runs videos more smoothly on battery than the 3.1
L8tr... Tom
Laptops do *odd* things with hardware when running from battery. Seen a laptop (non-SpeedStep) that would have severe hickups on video playback when you didn't put the plug in and the battery was below 80% or so. Otherwise no problems.Originally Posted by Tom Tiger
There's a bug with the 3.2 release. If I do a hd-install, I cannot get it to shutdown, but I can get it to reboot. If I choose to shutdown from the KDE menu, the screen just goes black, and nothing else happens.
Yep, they sure do, my 4270 has small hickups when the battey comes below 70 toLaptops do *odd* things with hardware when running from battery. Seen a laptop (non-SpeedStep) that would have severe hickups on video playback when you didn't put the plug in and the battery was below 80% or so. Otherwise no problems.
90 percent, playing videos, same problem in Red hat, knoppix 3.1 and 3.2.
But runs fine otherwise![]()
L8tr... Tom
When I use a config file which is known to be working, and a persistent home, parts of the config file are ignored.
For example: knoppix floppyconfig home=scan
Then this happens: It finds the persistent home image file on /mnt/hda12 and the config file on the floppy. It asks for a password for the home image file, although it shouldn't. The home directory /home/KNOPPIX is mounted rw anyway.
But for the configuration: The keyboard language is set alright, but the XF86Config-4 file is not taken from the configuration file, resulting in that the mouse wheel is not working.

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50