-
Junior Member
registered user
USB CD burning with 3.2
I have had a problem with burning CDs with a Sony Spressa USB burner. X cd toaster does not even run (seems to start then dies) and K3b fails during the task. The 3.2 iso image was burned using 3.1 and X cd toaster on the same system, so it has worked fine. I must say that I have failed to read error logs. Have not tried it on a system with an ATA burner yet. It was unexpected because it all worked so good with 3.1.
Still works better that it was when I had it running on Win98. I was almost ready to scrap the burner, then I ran it on Linux. Have produced as many silver coasters total since turning to Linux as I would produce in one secession under Win98! I use Knoppix to burn CDs on my Win system (required by the company) using my USB burner. It is a little slow (4X), but is burns as fast as our 16X departmental burner on NT. Burned my first iso with the NT setup and since I have not looked back!
Would like to see the USB burner work so I can put 3.2 on my laptop. I like the graphics! I with hard disk install it this weekend and play around with the applications the next little bit.
Overall, I like Knoppix and the selection of applications. It is crowding out other distros for me. I have put it on both desktops and laptops with no problems. It has failed to come up on a system, but I have not tried any of the cheat codes because it is so easy just to try another computer. The computer has a wierd configuration where the on-board AGP is disabled and the "real" video is PCI. Knoppix finds the on-board AGP video and things go downhill from there. Do not blame Knoppix for that one.
I like Debian and Knoppix puts a nice face on it. I have one fast link and will burn new updates as fast as they come out!
The one thing that I would change is to add flexiblity in the partitions. I have to be more clever than I like to be to add /home et cetera. Besides I have to remember to set up my disk. Would like to have /boot without gyrations! It is not a big pain, just a little one. Compared to everything else, I'll adjust.
Similar Threads
-
By niknik in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 07:53 PM
-
By linuxrob in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 01:40 AM
-
By DimGR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 01:29 PM
-
By bohm2009 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive
$179.99