-
Senior Member
registered user
My soundcard doesn't work anymore, it used to work in 3.1 
I hoped it was fixed in the last release:
Code:
- aumix is now started as background task in knoppix-autoconfig
(some broken soundcards seem to block on mixer-ioctls, preventing
the init script to continue).
But still when I try to run aRts from KDE it says:
Code:
Error while initializing sounddriver:
device /dev/dsp can't be opened (Device or resource busy)
The soundserver will continue using the null output device.
Yes, I've tried all the other output options (OSS, ALSA, TOSS)
"sudo lspci -v" output:
Code:
00:02.7 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS7012 PCI Audio Accelerator (rev a0)
Subsystem: C-Media Electronics Inc: Unknown device 0300
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
I/O ports at dc00 [size=256]
I/O ports at d800 [size=64]
Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2
As far as I know this card is supported by the kernel.
btw, default en_US keyboard under cheatcode lang=nl is much better indeed.
Similar Threads
-
By niknik in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 07:53 PM
-
By linuxrob in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 01:40 AM
-
By DimGR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 01:29 PM
-
By bohm2009 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99