ckaps,
I got mine from the below site. It transfered at almost 180kb. Pretty fast.!![]()
Swiss SunSITE (Switzerland)
Planty of bandwith.
paul![]()
Is this update available through BitTorrent ?
ckaps,
I got mine from the below site. It transfered at almost 180kb. Pretty fast.!![]()
Swiss SunSITE (Switzerland)
Planty of bandwith.
paul![]()
My soundcard doesn't work anymore, it used to work in 3.1
I hoped it was fixed in the last release:
But still when I try to run aRts from KDE it says:Code:- aumix is now started as background task in knoppix-autoconfig (some broken soundcards seem to block on mixer-ioctls, preventing the init script to continue).
Yes, I've tried all the other output options (OSS, ALSA, TOSS)Code:Error while initializing sounddriver: device /dev/dsp can't be opened (Device or resource busy) The soundserver will continue using the null output device.
"sudo lspci -v" output:
As far as I know this card is supported by the kernel.Code:00:02.7 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS7012 PCI Audio Accelerator (rev a0) Subsystem: C-Media Electronics Inc: Unknown device 0300 Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11 I/O ports at dc00 [size=256] I/O ports at d800 [size=64] Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2
btw, default en_US keyboard under cheatcode lang=nl is much better indeed.
Anyone have saveconfig/myconfig=scan working with a floppy with this release?
Jester^,
I could not get my save config file read during boot up.
It wants/needs a 20 character passwd. Some kind of encripted passwd?
paul![]()
2003-03-26 did not work on my Athlon with some ATI All in wonder.
KDE did not work (segfault after X11 gets launched). Going to download
and test 2003-03-28![]()
I'm running 3.2 v.3-24 on a computer at school and the password is for the home not the config file, when I boot it gives me the password error but I continue and when I'm in kde as user knoppix the home file is being used. So what I take that to mean is that during boot it is trying to load the home for root (just a guess).Jester^,
I could not get my save config file read during boot up.
It wants/needs a 20 character passwd. Some kind of encripted passwd?
paul
My saveconfig is not working either (see 3-28 changelog), but so far it appears that PH home is working at least partially, as I haven't used it much so far, all of my kde user settings were kept on reboot but printer and system settings were not.
rock
I noticed in the OpenOffice program when I went under new file, all the type of documents were in german. Is there a way to change this to english?
Okay.. I'm running 3.2 03-28 now. Like the other experimental
versions it fails to detect correct video (3.1 had problems on
some other notebooks too but detected more modes)
so far it goes into 640x480 mode on the Savage IX (Toshiba satelite pro 4200 series and 4300 series)
Trident / ALI on the satelite pro 6000 series and several others
but easily correctable with the cheatcode. So not a real problem.
On my Satelite pro 4270 (Celeron 500 128 mb ram) I've done
a harddrive install, got one ide0 error during install but install ran
through and error was corrected, a few buttons are missing in the
taskbar and again it failed to go higher than 640x480 but again easily correctable and I'm running 24 bit 1024x768 now with the Savage IX installed in X. Hurra!![]()
Funny enough.... I'm now watching a divxrip of Band of brothers
which fails to run on my Windows 98 (with divx 5.03 installed)
through Xine in fullscreen. No hitch, No glitch..... runs nicely.![]()
L8tr... Tom
I've heard that most people have downgraded to divx 5.02, since it's more stable.Originally Posted by Tom Tiger

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99