-
CONFIGURE MODEM DIAL-UP UNDER kNOPPIX 3.6
Single user system - No Network
I am using the Knoppix 3.6 bootable "stand alone" CD.
I am unable to configure a "Dial-up".
Modem test always gives me an error.
The configure menu asks me questions that I am not sure that I answer correctily.
My ISP: SWB (S/W Bell)
In the Configure dialog, are city and country really necessary?
United States and Dallas are listed in the options, but my ISP is not listed under Dallas.
My ISDN card is a "Conexant" (Is this the type of ISDN adapter?)
What is this: MSN/EAZ
Also the following:
NameServer
Domain
DNS
IP
Upon attempting to communicate with the modem from the root shell,
I get an "input-output" error from all of the "tty" commands except the following:
echo "anything" > /dev/ttyso
Even though I get no error from the above,I get no "sound" response, and
I think I have my volume turned up. It would be nice if I knew how to test for
"sound"
Also, where may I find a list of all the "commands" which are operable.
The "dip" command does not work.
I realize that this a confusing communication, but I am confused!!!
I really need some "hand-holding".
Thanks,
Milton
Similar Threads
-
By r4nc1d in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-26-2005, 12:15 AM
-
By bhasker varma in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 08:46 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 05:09 AM
-
By panthrax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 11:39 PM
-
By FarAway in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Datto S3E12000 RACK SERVER 2U 2x Xeon E5-2670 v3 2.30GHz 32GB RAM 2x PSU 14 BAY
$399.95

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08