Dear All:
I am very new to Knoppix, and I try to customize the live cd to autostart vncserver when the cd is booted.
Would you please give me suggestion on how to accomplish this task?
Dear All:
I am very new to Knoppix, and I try to customize the live cd to autostart vncserver when the cd is booted.
Would you please give me suggestion on how to accomplish this task?
The best place to post this type of question is to the Customising & Remastering forum. Check out the HOWTO I made http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867 or see the docs for the remastering HOWTO http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto.
You should be able to create a script that launches vncserver. There is the issue with the vncserver password as you will either need to capture it or have to enter it everytime the script is run. I would store that script (myvnclauncher) in /etc/init.d/. Then I would create a link to that script in runlevel 5.That script would be executed right before Knoppix starts up KDE.Code:ln -s /etc/init.d/myvnclauncher /etc/rc5.d/S80myvnclauncher
If you want to start the vncserver after KDE starts up you will probably have to edit the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession script as it controls how & when KDE is loaded.
I hope this helps.
James

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A LOT of 20 RAM Sticks G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB DDR4 F4-2400C16S-8GRS - Test Passed.
$1100.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00