-
How to customize Knoppix live cd to autostart vncserver
Dear All:
I am very new to Knoppix, and I try to customize the live cd to autostart vncserver when the cd is booted.
Would you please give me suggestion on how to accomplish this task?
-
Senior Member
registered user
The best place to post this type of question is to the Customising & Remastering forum. Check out the HOWTO I made http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867 or see the docs for the remastering HOWTO http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto.
You should be able to create a script that launches vncserver. There is the issue with the vncserver password as you will either need to capture it or have to enter it everytime the script is run. I would store that script (myvnclauncher) in /etc/init.d/. Then I would create a link to that script in runlevel 5.
Code:
ln -s /etc/init.d/myvnclauncher /etc/rc5.d/S80myvnclauncher
That script would be executed right before Knoppix starts up KDE.
If you want to start the vncserver after KDE starts up you will probably have to edit the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession script as it controls how & when KDE is loaded.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By adsum in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-01-2005, 11:59 AM
-
By pupton in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 10:21 PM
-
By phillzee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:51 PM
-
By markgilmore in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 05:51 AM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum News
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 09:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$229.95

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08