Ok, I first Downloaded Knoppix to get a taste of the linux environment. I have heard MANY times that linux and unix are much bettwr than windows... i wanted to be able to develope applications. In windows, accessing the API is a hastle that requires several tech manuals on the API and the DLL calls that windows supports them with.

DLLs are also a hastle... since they run in shared memory in windows, ANY memory-heppy programmer can EASILY hack your programs simply by altering the return of a DLL call.

Ok, not very secure. Never-the-less, it has been my developement environment for YEARS. I may only be 14, but i've been programming since i was 6 so i can say that i have been working there for years.

Windows has a lot more support out there than linux, so that is why i waited so long to get linux. But knoppix had a forum specifically for it... i figured it would be better to get a version of linux that had support specifically for it.

So here i am, i am no longer a newb, and i am wanting to begin developement. I found out recently, however, that C does not support graphics(no wonder my books didnt have it...), and i am not interested in learning how to use external libraries at the moment in C. I may be able to develope my own OS, much like DOS, with C alone, but it is not possible with C alone to do GFX.

So now i begin my question. In order to do Grapfics in C, the best thing i could figure is that i use a DOS interrupt with inline assembler for the x86. If i can assign values to the flags CX & DX, and AX, and BX, and i can call an interrupt through assembler, while still running in C, i have everything i need to do graphics in C, so that i do not need to learn any of the languages available(long list in Kdevelope).

Yes, i know some fortran, java, and pascal. Actually, i am not all that bad at them, but i am a C master, i do not want to master another language to accomplish what i want to do.

I know that Qbasic(yup microsoft... first language i mastered) can use the CALL ABSOLUTE command to execute the hex codes, but i have 2 problems doing this in C:

1. i DO NOT know how to use a CALL ABSOLUTE-like command in C
2. i DO NOT know what tools to use to get the hex codes(debug in windows)

Before you answer, read one more thing...
I said earlier i was a C master, and yet i am asking a question on C. Well, it just so happens that ANSI C does NOT contain a command to do what i am trying to do. I am a master at EVERYTHING ANSI. In other words, i know only what is C and not what must come from elsewhere. Anything i ask here is NOT in my definition of a master C programmer...