Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem booting to Knoppix 3.6

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    Problem booting to Knoppix 3.6

    Alright, I downloaded Knoppix 3.6 and burned it, the MD5 checked out ok. When it boots I get the error message "Can't find Knoppix file system" and it boots to a "limited" shell. Here are my troubleshooting efforts in detail. First thought was the image burned bad, so I popped it into my laptop. It booted up without a problem, scratch that idea. Second thought was it was something wrong with my CD-Rom or hardware and thats why I am here. I have run Knoppix with this CD-Rom before, I want to say it was 3.4 but I can't remember that well. The only change I have made since then is I added a 250GB hard drive. The CD Rom is a secondary master, the two hard drives are primary. Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    You need to use the chat codes http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes. When knoppix loads up, type the folloing at the boot prompt
    Code:
    knoppix nodma
    or
    Code:
    knopppix noapic nodma

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2
    Thank you, I have APIC enabled on the mobo bios so I new I had that capablility, but I did use the nodma command and it worked.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem booting from Knoppix CD
    By jsim1982 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 12:45 AM
  2. Problem booting up knoppix from DVD
    By newlin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 03:53 AM
  3. knoppix 3.4 booting problem
    By Hauck in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 05:59 PM
  4. Problem Booting KNOPPIX
    By soar in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:32 AM
  5. Another problem booting knoppix
    By Trunks7j in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2003, 06:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$14.86



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99