-
Knoppix V_3.7 English iso
Does anyone know where you can download the english version of knoppix 3.7? if you do tell me i need to know
-
Senior Member
registered user
I could be wrong, but as far as I know: No. There is only the 3.7 German lang version. I was able to make my own customized 3.7 version using the HOWTO that I wrote http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...867&highlight= and then I changed the default from German to US ENglish by editing the isolinux.cfg http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...175&highlight=.
I hope this helps.
James
-
Knoppix customs version
is there a way i can download the custom version of knoppix? if there is can you tell me where i can download it and how big it would be? Thank you
James
-
knoppix version 3.7 english download
Can you give me a link where i can download the english version of knoppix 3.7 right away or is that the only way is to customize it?
-
knoppix english version 3.7 download
does anyone know where i can download knoppix english version 3.7? If you do can you send me the link or where i can get it from. I have version 3.6. i need 3.7 so i can tell the different between the two. I heard that 3.7 customize has more hd space on it. Let me know thank you
James
-
First off, there isn't any real difference between a German/French/English/whatever version of Knoppix. All you have to do is make sure you put in knoppix lang=us
Second of all man...I don't know you, but geez lay off the posting. You asked for a link once, not three times. You can edit your posts if you aren't happy.
Third here is the link you are going crazy about.
http://livelinux.antesis.org/knoppix/
It is the German version, and I will give you a hint, the "=" sign does not work. You need to type in shift+0 (zero) to get an "=" sign. So when you boot up, type: knoppix lang=us and you will have an English version of Knoppix 3.7, YEAH!!!
-
knoppix version 3.7 english
i tried changing the code to it. It didn't work i don't know what else i should do. Can you tell me what i can do? Can't you just send me the link so i don't have to do anyhting i can just download the program right away?Can you also give me steps in how to customize knoppix english 3.7 verison?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: knoppix version 3.7 english

Originally Posted by
jyu613
i tried changing the code to it. It didn't work i don't know what else i should do. Can you tell me what i can do?
The lang=us boot cheat code that jamierytlewski does indeed work. Keep trying.

Originally Posted by
jyu613
Can't you just send me the link so i don't have to do anyhting i can just download the program right away?
To the best of my knowledge, a English 3.7 Knoppix does not exist for download.

Originally Posted by
jyu613
Can you also give me steps in how to customize knoppix english 3.7 verison?
Yes. If you take the time to read the first link I provided in the above response to you, I have written a guide to make a custom Knoppix. I have made a custom version of Knoppix 3.7 that defaults to English. My version is not available for download as I do not have any bandwidth for sharing a 695MB ISO file.
As an aside, you seem frustrated and I understand that you want a favorable answer. Please understand that asking the same questions repeatedly will not garnish you a more favorable response.
I hope this helps.
James
-
swap
i have 38.4 gb of hd free. How do i swap? Is there an easier way to do it? Can you tell me how do i start remastering the program and what do i need to use? Do i need to use a program or software? Let me know thank you
-
I have it
I just remastered the CD myself (well, sort of). It automatically uses English instead of German, and I set it to boot the Linux 2.6 kernel by default. I also took the time to use the Splash screen from 3.6 and mod it for 3.7. If anyone has a nice spot I can upload it, I will (but it may take a while at 384k upload).
Similar Threads
-
By maer in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-30-2005, 09:35 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 12:46 PM
-
By xzeon in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 03:54 PM
-
By reub2000 in forum Ideas
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:08 PM
-
By bilderberger in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 11:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99