-
Help anyone!? Newbie 3.6 loading problems
Hi all,
I'm having problems installing knoppix 3.6 I wondered if any of you experts could help me out.
I'm trying on 2 different machines and both seem to be failing on Graphic Card drivers.
My first machine (using Matrox millenium G400 dualhead) boots up fine except that when the screen appears it's unreadable. I can just about make out the penguin! I've tried a few times, adjusting monitor mode and either get the same or
NO SUITABLE X-SERVER found for your card
...the same error as on my other machine (using NVIDIA riva tnt2/tnt2 pro)!!
The help on the disc has a couple of suggestions about entering KNOPPIX XMODULE or fb800X600. Where exactly do I enter these?!!
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Adrian
-
Senior Member
registered user
in begining of boot process you see everyting stopping for a fe seconds and the line
boot:
appears, just type knoppix fb800x600 there, or knoppix26 fb800x600
diference being that thew added 26 gives a 2.6 kernel (more current) than the knoppix only.
-
Thanks. I'm having another go tonight... I may be back!!
Similar Threads
-
By znai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-26-2005, 10:58 AM
-
By ladymoose in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 02:14 PM
-
By cowmamba in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 10:37 PM
-
By mikelaw101 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 04:09 AM
-
By fitzrik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-07-2003, 06:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 11 - Xeon Gold 5th Gen - 192 GB DDR5 ECC - 2x 240 GB SSD
$17000.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$68.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19