in begining of boot process you see everyting stopping for a fe seconds and the line
boot:
appears, just type knoppix fb800x600 there, or knoppix26 fb800x600
diference being that thew added 26 gives a 2.6 kernel (more current) than the knoppix only.
Hi all,
I'm having problems installing knoppix 3.6 I wondered if any of you experts could help me out.
I'm trying on 2 different machines and both seem to be failing on Graphic Card drivers.
My first machine (using Matrox millenium G400 dualhead) boots up fine except that when the screen appears it's unreadable. I can just about make out the penguin! I've tried a few times, adjusting monitor mode and either get the same or
NO SUITABLE X-SERVER found for your card
...the same error as on my other machine (using NVIDIA riva tnt2/tnt2 pro)!!
The help on the disc has a couple of suggestions about entering KNOPPIX XMODULE or fb800X600. Where exactly do I enter these?!!
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Adrian
in begining of boot process you see everyting stopping for a fe seconds and the line
boot:
appears, just type knoppix fb800x600 there, or knoppix26 fb800x600
diference being that thew added 26 gives a 2.6 kernel (more current) than the knoppix only.
Thanks. I'm having another go tonight... I may be back!!

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99