in begining of boot process you see everyting stopping for a fe seconds and the line
boot:
appears, just type knoppix fb800x600 there, or knoppix26 fb800x600
diference being that thew added 26 gives a 2.6 kernel (more current) than the knoppix only.
Hi all,
I'm having problems installing knoppix 3.6 I wondered if any of you experts could help me out.
I'm trying on 2 different machines and both seem to be failing on Graphic Card drivers.
My first machine (using Matrox millenium G400 dualhead) boots up fine except that when the screen appears it's unreadable. I can just about make out the penguin! I've tried a few times, adjusting monitor mode and either get the same or
NO SUITABLE X-SERVER found for your card
...the same error as on my other machine (using NVIDIA riva tnt2/tnt2 pro)!!
The help on the disc has a couple of suggestions about entering KNOPPIX XMODULE or fb800X600. Where exactly do I enter these?!!
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Adrian
in begining of boot process you see everyting stopping for a fe seconds and the line
boot:
appears, just type knoppix fb800x600 there, or knoppix26 fb800x600
diference being that thew added 26 gives a 2.6 kernel (more current) than the knoppix only.
Thanks. I'm having another go tonight... I may be back!!

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99