in begining of boot process you see everyting stopping for a fe seconds and the line
boot:
appears, just type knoppix fb800x600 there, or knoppix26 fb800x600
diference being that thew added 26 gives a 2.6 kernel (more current) than the knoppix only.
Hi all,
I'm having problems installing knoppix 3.6 I wondered if any of you experts could help me out.
I'm trying on 2 different machines and both seem to be failing on Graphic Card drivers.
My first machine (using Matrox millenium G400 dualhead) boots up fine except that when the screen appears it's unreadable. I can just about make out the penguin! I've tried a few times, adjusting monitor mode and either get the same or
NO SUITABLE X-SERVER found for your card
...the same error as on my other machine (using NVIDIA riva tnt2/tnt2 pro)!!
The help on the disc has a couple of suggestions about entering KNOPPIX XMODULE or fb800X600. Where exactly do I enter these?!!
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Adrian
in begining of boot process you see everyting stopping for a fe seconds and the line
boot:
appears, just type knoppix fb800x600 there, or knoppix26 fb800x600
diference being that thew added 26 gives a 2.6 kernel (more current) than the knoppix only.
Thanks. I'm having another go tonight... I may be back!!

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Western Digital WD WD4006FZBX 4TB HDD 3.5" SATA 7200RPM Black Gaming New Sealed
$185.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95